Switcheo is committed to protecting and improving your trading experience. Here are some security best practices when using Switcheo Exchange:
- Switcheo will never ask you for your private keys. We will never ask you to deposit funds to any wallet address.
- Never click through or ignore warnings! Always read the warnings and understand what they entail. If you do not understand a warning, you should either find out more or simply not use the service.
- Always type in website addresses manually when accessing an important/high value site or wallet. Bookmark the exchange website, https://switcheo.exchange, after accessing it the first time for quicker and safer access.
- Do not click on ads from search engines to access important websites. These ads may not always give you the legitimate address of the website you are searching for. This is also a common phishing strategy by attackers.
- When accessing a site for the first time, authenticate that you have used the correct address from multiple sources such as Reddit, Twitter, and other 3rd-party references. One such 3rd-party reference is Cryptonite by MetaCert. When accessing Switcheo Exchange and other verified domains, you should see a green bar when using this extension. Do note that this just means the address is certified to not be a phishing domain, but it does not validate the contents of the page in the event of an attack.
- Use a hardware wallet where possible for trading. Switcheo Exchange supports the use of the Ledger hardware wallet, and that is our recommended way of trading on our decentralized exchange.
- Use a cold wallet for holdings of large amounts of assets and a hot wallet for daily use. Hardware and paper wallets with proper backups are a good choice for cold wallets.
- Ensure that you are on the rightful Switcheo communication channels to receive accurate information about us. Links to our channels can be found at the bottom of https://switcheo.network. Switcheo Telegram chat group can be accessed at https://t.me/switcheo. Direct updates from our team will be posted on our announcement channel at https://t.me/switcheoANN.
- Security is a layered defence. Even chrome extensions like MetaMask can be phished by a determined attacker. If you are a very active trader, consider using a separate trading wallet to minimize risks in the event that all else fails.
If you come across any scams or phishing websites posing as Switcheo, please send us an email to email@example.com so we can deal with the issue efficiently.